About the Course
The SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality provides learners with the skills and knowledge to perform a range of routine tasks in the hospitality industry under the supervision of the workplace supervisor.
Upon successful completion of all allocated units within this qualification the learners will be awarded the SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality qualification.
If the learners decide to leave the course without completing they will still receive a Statement of Attainment for the unit/s they have successfully completed.
This training is subsidised by the QLD Government.
Upon successful completion of SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality, learners can further their studies in SIT30713 Certificate III in Hospitality or in another relevant Certificate III level qualification.
This qualification provides career pathways to work in various hospitality settings, such as restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops.
This qualification may provide career pathways or job outcomes to work as a:
- Café Attendant
- Catering Assistant
- Food and Beverage Attendant
- Function Attendant
- House-keeper Attendant
Below is a list of units that will make up the SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality qualification.
In order to successfully complete the full qualification, the learner must complete 6 core and 6 elective, altogether 12 units, in this qualification. The chosen elective units will lead to the proposed career pathways or job outcomes of this qualification.
|UNIT CODE||UNIT TITLE||CORE/ ELECTIVE|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in safe work practices||Core|
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others||Core|
|SITHIND003||Use hospitality skills effectively||Core|
|SITHIND002||Source and use information on the hospitality industry||Core|
|SITXCOM002||Show social and cultural sensitivity||Core|
|SITXCCS003||Interact with customers||Core|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety||Elective|
|SITHCCC002||Prepare and present simple dishes *||Elective|
|SITHFAB007||Serve food and beverage *||Elective|
|SITHFAB004||Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages *||Elective|
|SITHACS001||Clean premises and equipment||Elective|
|SITXINV001||Receive and store stock||Elective|
* Learners must have completed SITSFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety prior to commencing training in the below units:
- SITHCCC002 Prepare and present simple dishes
- SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage
- SITHFAB004 Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
Recognition of Prior Learning
If a learner has previous knowledge and skills gained through work experience and/or formal or informal education and training they may apply for the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) at the time of enrolment.
We also offer opportunities for Credit Transfers. If a learner has previously completed same or similar units linked with this qualification they may apply for Credit Transfer/s at the time of enrolment.
The learner may contact the RTO for more information on the processes of applying for the RPL and Credit Transfer.
Both RPL and Credit Transfer may reduce the duration of completing the qualification which will be determined by a qualified Trainer and Assessor of the RTO.
Scheduling and Location
All our training are pre-scheduled and delivered in a specific workplace or suitable pre-determined location.
The training for SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality follows a structured Delivery and Assessment Plan (DAP) where the trainer, the training location, duration and the delivery and assessment sessions are clearly identified. The DAP will be provided to all learners prior to or at the time of enrolment.
This qualification may be completed in 12 months on a full-time basis. It may take 24 months to complete if this qualification is studied part-time.
The qualifications durations may be shortened due to a number of factors such as, Credit Transfers, recognition of Prior Learning and previous demonstrated skills and knowledge. This process will be determined by a qualified Trainer andAssessor of the RTO on a case-by case basis.
Entry and Assessment Requirements
There is no entry requirement to enrol in this course. Learners may have to undertake a simple Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test during the enrolment process to establish the individuals LLN skills and suitability into the course. Please refer to Welfare and Support below.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification.
Learners will be required to successfully complete all allocated assessments to be awarded this qualification. The assessments may include written questions, interviews, observations-at-work, role-plays, scenario analyses and others. Learners are also expected to participate in all scheduled classes, observations and assessment sessions.
This course will be mainly delivered at our client’s work places which are Health and Safety assured. The course may also be delivered for fee-for-service clients in suitably equipped venue. The modes of delivery may include:
- Group work, and
- Observation of workplace practices and participation in practical work
Welfare and Support
If a learner has any disability issue in normally attending this course we can make reasonable adjustments in the delivery and assessment of this qualification. This will be done on a case-by-case basis.
Our RTO will be able to organise Language and Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) support when required. We will also assist learners in using assistive or new technologies when required or refer them to the appropriate support services needed such as interpreter or ready and writing assistance services.
Course Fee and Payments
New South Wales
The course fee will be $2,500
The Student Contribution Fee, for qualifications under the QLD User Choice program, is priced per nominal hour for each unit of competency/module that the student commences. This total fee may change dependant on the nominal hours of the units the student will be commencing within their qualification.
|FUNDING METHOD||COURSE FEE|
|User Choice Program||$411.20|
Partial Tuition Fee Exemptions
Where a student falls into one or more of the following categories they will be charged 40% of the contribution fee:
- The student was or will be under 17 years of age at the end of February in the year in which the training is provided, and the student is not at school and has not completed year 12.
- The student holds a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card, and is named on the card.
- The student issues the RTO with an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the participant, his or her partner or the person of whom the participant is a dependant, is entitled to concessions under a Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card.
- The student is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person.
Full Tuition Fee Exemptions
The RTO may apply for a full exemption from the student contribution fee where the student falls into one or more of the following exemption categories:
- Where payment of the student contribution fee would cause extreme financial hardship, then the RTO may waive these fees.
- Where the Queensland Government, as represented by the departmental officer responsible for the User Choice budget, advises in writing that fees are optional. On receipt of such advice, the RTO may choose not to collect the student contribution fee.
The RTO must apply full exemption from the student contribution fee where the student falls into one or more of the following exemption categories:
- where credit transfer/national recognition has been applied to a unit of competency/module
- where the student is a school-based apprentice or trainee
- is undertaking a qualification as part of the Skilling Queenslanders for Work’s Work Skills Traineeship program
All materials and equipment required for this training will be provided by the RTO and/or the client’s workplace and the learners are not required to buy any materials or equipment for this training. No other expenses are involved in this training except the fees indicated above.
Please note that Training Specialists Australia are not currently offering this course